techlab Community includes our efforts & collaboration with partners to inspire, challenge
and motivate our 21st century leaders.
Free Debate Program
Techlab is proud to sponsor a FREE debate program for middle school kids, working with our partners, South Bay Youth Debate Academy.
Speech and Debate is widely regarded as one of the most beneficial activities done by middle-schoolers and high-schoolers.
However there are currently very few viable options for middle schoolers to get a headstart on their debate needs.
Working with our partner, SBYDA, we provide:
Free coaching for middle schoolers
Tested round-winning tactics and strategies
Training led by skilled debaters who have participated in Nationals
Learning in a challenging competitive environment While having fun.
Classes start Sep. 10, 2018 and are every Monday from 6-8p (at our techlab facility) along with occasional tournaments on weekends.
For more information or to register, go to SBYDA website.
Inspire Speaker Series
Techlab Inspire Series features industry leaders, researchers, technologists and students, and showcases the ways in which technology & education along with strong leadership and dedication, are changing the world.
Topics will serve as inspiration for kids to make them think, challenge them, and motivate them. Some topics we
are planning include,
- Keep Kids Safe in Mobile Apps | Security & Privacy
- Artifical Intelligence | Hype or Reality for kids?
- What Facebook looks for in young budding innovators
- Learning to love computers, my journey from Techlab to Google
- How to reach and impact millions of kids globally through software
- Google VP reveals Top Search Trends for Kids
- Is Privacy even possible in today’s world?
- Why Women leaders may perform better in Technology Leadership?
- Can the sun provide 50% of our energy by 2050?
- How AI changes our lives in 10 years
- Safe gaming, surfing, chatting in the digital world